QuietStove.com

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blog Status, 4 April 2013

Things are going reasonably well here at Adventures in Stoving.  We just passed half a million site views in early March, about 2 years after starting.  Readership was over 40,000 site views last month which is the highest it's been since I had to put the blog essentially on hold April 2012 - January 2013 while I worked a job that required me to commute 100 miles a day.  I'm now working closer to home, and I'm able to get back to blogging.

Speaking of work, I work for a bank that's going through a merger.  We're working 7 days per week to get the job done by the end of April, which doesn't leave me a lot of time to get out on the trail.  Things may be just a little sparse between now and the end of April, but I've got some good stuff that I've prepared ahead of time, so stay tuned.

The Adventures In Stoving team, out on the trail.
 On other fronts, I wanted to make you aware of an interesting KickStarter project called Hot Fingers.  Hot Fingers is the brain child of budding industrial designer Mike Oldani.  I'll let Mike speak for himself:



I haven't tried the product myself, but I like to encourage innovation.  If you're of a mind to, why don't you kick in a buck or two for the project?

My thanks as always to you, my readers.

HJ

4 comments:

  1. Bank mergers. Ick. I've gone through like 5 of those with my personal bank. Every time it just gets more weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear you. Let's just hope this one goes reasonably well. The bank I'm working for is a very reputable, established one, so I think the customers of the old bank will be well taken care of, but of course the devil is in the details as they say.

      Wish me luck,

      HJ

      Delete
  2. Bad form washing the pan in a stream.

    ReplyDelete

My apologies to real people, but due to Spammers I have to moderate comments. I'll get to this as rapidly as possible but do understand that I like to hike and there's no internet in the wilderness. Take care and stove on!